WILD CHANTERELLES ON A BED OF FRESH HERB WITH CHORIZO PICANTE AND A WHITE TRUFFLE OIL DRESSING
This is one of the easiest and quickest starters you will ever make. It’s also one of the tastiest dishes on the planet.
- 12 – 15 wild chanterelle mushrooms
- Green salad comprising Mizuna or Rocket
- Red chardleaf
- 6 slices thin sliced chorizo picante
- White truffle oil
- 70g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One 6” base sautee pan
- One slotted spoon
- Arrange a tight pyramid of salad in the centre of a small plate.
- Drizzle with white truffle oil.
- Prop slices of chorizo picante around the outside of the salad.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in the sautee pan.
- When the butter is fully melted and frothing add the chanterelles.
- Toss at a high temperature for no more than 20 seconds.
- Use the slotted spoon to transfer the chanterelles from the pan to the top of the salad.
- Serve as quickly as possible.